4/23/2006

Video Interviewing Solo

Because Jeff said to use this blog to bitch and vent, here goes:

Just wanted to say that doing this all by yourself is a little nuts. Today I interviewd this dude while holding the camera. Kind of felt like I was kissing a girl from a distance. It really does not work unless you have a really long tongue, which I don't. I'm not Gene Simmons yet. We are both Jewish, but that's where the similarities end. It's good I had the cordless mic so it didn't look like he was interviewing like a rock star. I've seen some of the videos looking like that.

Sweet dreams, kids.

Abe

1 Comments:

Blogger sfeightner said...

You're not Gene Simmons yet?

I've had good luck using the ambient mic (the big one) for interviews. As long as you're relatively close to your subject and in a quiet place, it picks up their comments OK.

Not an ideal solution, but it beats juggling camera and mic...

4/24/2006 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home